Holiday 2015 Gift Ideas
Now that it’s Thanksgiving week, the holidays are officially underway! One of my favorite type of blog posts to read in general are gift guides, and I thought it would be fun to put together a list of ideas relating to Disney. There’s so much stuff available from Disney itself as well as third parties, and while it can be fun to browse around, there is undoubtedly a lot to sort through. Of course, the best and most fun way to go about shopping for Disney gifts is to go to the parks and shop there, but here are a few of my picks that are available from the ease and comfort of one’s own computer.
1. Enchanted Tiki Room Ceramic Tumbler ($8.99)/Enchanted Tiki Room Mini Glass Set ($16.99). Relaxing inside the Tiki Room with a Dole Whip is one of my favorite parts of visiting Disneyland. These are classic Disney, but also don’t “scream” Disney and could be seen as simply Hawaiian inspired drink ware to those who only recognize Mickey Mouse and aren’t as familiar with these classic attractions.
2. Mickey Mouse Tortoiseshell Watch for Women ($95). Practical and beautiful, this is another item where the Disney iconography is relatively subtle.
3. Twenty Eight & Main Hooded Jacket ($69.95). Twenty Eight & Main is a line of products geared towards men, and I think it’s great that there are well-designed and sophisticated options for men who are also fans of Disney. This hoodie is casual enough to be worn anywhere without seeming too Disney-crazed.
4. Inside Out/Cinderella Blu-Rays ($9.99 at Best Buy’s Black Friday Sale). Of course, the movies are always a great gift, and if you haven’t already purchased these titles, Best Buy has them at an amazing price this Friday. On a quick tangent, Jurassic World is also one of the titles included for that price.
5. Snow White Compact Mirror ($32). These mirrors are beautiful, if somewhat extravagant at $32. But for Disney fans who love to collect high quality items, this would make a great gift. This compact mirror is part of a collection that included Cinderella, Belle, Elsa and Anna, Ariel, and Aurora. They are only available at the Downtown Disney Sephora at the Disneyland Resort in California, or on Sephora’s website. Currently the remaining compacts available online are Snow White, Elsa and Anna, and Cinderella.
6. “Lawd Vaduh” iPhone case, artwork by Mandie Manzano ($35). Mandie Manzano has a gorgeous and distinct stained glass style of art in which she has created several Disney-related artworks. For a fun gift, I thought this iPhone case featuring Darth Vader would make a great gender-neutral present. However, she has many other Disney inspired artworks at her Society6 shop which can also be made into other products or purchased as art prints.
7. Mickey Mouse DSLR Camera Strap ($19.50). It can sometimes be a little difficult to find quality goods on Etsy, especially when searching for Disney themed items, but I really like The Uncommon Crafter. Her camera straps are perfect to replace the standard, and rather ugly, Nikon/Canon straps. She has other Disney-related camera straps available, including Marvel and Star Wars. I have the Retro Style Star Wars strap and love it.
8. Moleskine Mickey Mouse Limited Edition Notebook ($16.88, large notebook). Moleskine notebooks are a classic, and the limited edition Mickey and Minnie Mouse covers give them an extra fun touch. I think the embossed Mickey Mouse add the fun without being too over the top, allowing this notebook to be taken and used everywhere.
9. The Art of Disney: The Golden Age (1937-1961) ($13.83). These postcard sized art prints would be a great gift for anyone who loves Disney’s art. There are separate sets available for Disney’s Renaissance Period as well as Pixar.
10. Disney Princess: 100 Images to Inspire Creativity and Relaxation ($11.53). I think this might be a great gift for a very specific kind of person, but adult coloring books have become very popular. For the type of person who enjoys this kind of thing, it’s great that there’s a Disney book available and the artwork looks beautiful.
I hope you enjoyed this list of the various items you can find online. What are some of your favorite Disney gifts and souvenirs?
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, please consider sharing it using one of the social media buttons, or simply giving it a like! Thank you!